Hailing all cosplayers, goofballs, and fun people alike!
What better way to celebrate the coming of Spring than with a contest? The turnout of our Valentine’s Day Contests was so great that we wanted to host another contest before the summer convention season hits. Luckily, everyone’s favorite prank day is right around the corner! With this in mind, we are happy to announce our April Fools’ Themed Contest! If you like cosplaying as tricksters, playing pranks on other people, or just enjoy having fun in cosplay, this contest is for you! Interested in entering? Check out the rules and prizes below!
1. Entries should have some kind of an April Fools’ Day prank theme. Examples include pictures of cosplayers pranking each other, photobombs, cosplays of trickster characters, stories explaining what prank they pulled, etc.
2. Cosplayers using wigs from any company are welcome. You do not have to be wearing an EpicCosplay wig to enter!
3. Cosplays from all series are welcome.
4. All entries (both image submission and story) MUST be PG-13. We do have minors that access our social media outlets, website, and blog. We want to keep these posts family friendly. Failure to comply to this will result in a request for you to edit your entry. Failure to edit your entry may result in disqualification.
5. If your image submission contains more than just yourself you need permission from them to enter our contest and use the image. If we are contacted regarding permissions you will be warned and your entry will be disqualified for that specific contest. Repeat offenses may result in rendering you ineligible to enter future contests held by us.
6. You must have permission from your photographer to use the image you submit. If we are contacted regarding permissions you will be warned and your entry will be disqualified for that specific contest. Repeat offenses may result in rendering you ineligible to enter future contests held by us.
7. All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 11:59PM CST on April 4th, 2013. This is to allow people the opportunity to record pranks played on April Fools Day. Any submissions received after this deadline will not be accepted.
8. All submissions need to include, at minimum, the following information. If you are missing any of the information below you will be contacted to edit those posts.
Name of both cosplayers:
Series that you are cosplaying from:
Characters you are cosplaying as:
Did you use an EpicCosplay wig? If so, what style?
What inspired you to do these cosplays?
What got you into cosplay?
Why do you love cosplay?
Describe what prank you are completing or what is going on in the photograph. (In other words, what makes your submission qualified for this contest).
If your photo does not demonstrate a prank, what prank(s) have you done in this costume?
9. By submitting to this contest you give EpicCosplay consent to use your submission for promotional purposes including but not limited to website features, advertisements and blog posts. Your submission includes the photographs and written content submitted as a part of the submission.
10. Judging will be completed by EpicCosplay staff. EpicCosplay staff will pick their favorite images out of the entries submitted.
11. EpicCosplay reserves the right to change the rules of this contest at any time.
12. By submitting an entry to the contest you acknowledge that you have read all of these rules.
We know that everyone is interested in seeing the prizes that we are offering! We will be offering gift certificates to our top three entries! The prizes are listed below!
First Place: $30 Gift Certificate to EpicCosplay
Second Place: $20 Gift Certificate to EpicCosplay
Third Place: $15 Gift Certificate to EpicCosplay
Honorable Mentions: $10 Gift Certificates to EpicCosplay (We currently have three slated for this, but we may increase these if there’s a super high turnout!)
That’s all for now! We look forward to seeing your submissions! Good luck and happy pranking!